CO Detector and Smoke Alarm Installation, Service and Maintenance
KVA provides CO Detector and Smoke Alarm Installation and Maintenance for both residential and commercial customers across the Greater Toronto Area.
It is equally important and crucial for people to know that all CO Detector and Smoke Alarm (Carbon Monoxide Detectors) must be replaced on average, every 7 to 10 years. This applies to all regardless of the size and age of your home or business, as it is the law that all CO Detectors and Smoke Alarms be replaced when these dates come due.
Depending on the manufacturer and the date that these devices were manufactured, one should keep in mind those earlier models and makes had a life span of only 5 to 7 years. And as technology improves, so will the life span of these alarms and detectors will improve as well. Currently, most of the manufacturers are producing these CO Detector and Smoke Alarm with a general life span of approximately 10 years with a sealed non-replaceable Lithium Battery. This added benefit and feature gives you peace of mind knowing that these devices installed in your home or business will function without the need for constant maintenance until the end of the unit’s life. This makes it easier to manage as there is no need to be changing batteries every 6 to 12 months. This has been customary for a lot of people and not to mention that some people actually were forgetting to change them until it was in some cases too late.
Smoke Detectors & Carbon Monoxide Detectors Guidelines:
- Did you know that Smoke alarms and CO alarms only have a 7 to 10 Year Life span!
- These devices or the combination Smoke/Carbon Monoxide devices including those with a built-in Strobe Light need to be replaced every 7 to 10 years!
- Regardless of who’s make, model, or even if they are hard-wired or battery operated!
- They all must be replaced after 7 or 10 years of usage from the date of Manufacturing NOT necessarily the date of Installation!
- Give us a Call If you are experiencing any of these troubling alarms, noises and sounds!
- Including constant Beeping, chirping, or the occasional Flash of the Strobe Light! We can resolve all of your Smoke and Carbon Monoxide device issues!
- Give us a call to help you solve all of your device issues with professional advice and Installation!
Types of Smoke Detectors & Carbon Monoxide Detectors:
There are several types of Smoke Detectors & CO (Carbon Monoxide) Detectors that are being manufactured by various companies in the industry. There are numerous sensors and alarms that are being manufactured for specific purposes and requirements. One should know that not all of these devices can be installed right across the board, for many reasons and including the local Building Codes and their requirements. Here are a few of the various Smoke & Carbon Monoxide alarms or sensors that are used on a daily basis.
- A simple Smoke Detector that only detects Smoke,
- A Smoke Detector and CO Detector (Carbon Monoxide) this is known as a Combination or a 2 IN 1,
- A Smoke Detector and Strobe this type of device is also known as a Combination or a 2 IN 1,
- A simple CO Detector that only detects CO (Carbon Monoxide) and nothing else,
- A Combination Smoke and CO Detector as well as Strobe, these are known as a 3 IN 1,
Our Recommendation when it comes time to Replace your Existing Smoke Detectors:
In most cases, we recommend that you Install a 3 IN 1 Combination Smoke Detector and CO Detector (Carbon Monoxide Detector) which will generally give you the best protection possible. However, you don’t have to install this in every area of your home. In some cases, the local Building Codes have specific requirements and we need to follow these rules as well.
We also recommend installing, what is a fairly new product which is called a Remote Lync Monitor. This will further allow you to keep a close eye on your home even when your not home.
This Remote Lync Monitor gives you added protection as it Monitors and listens for a smoke or CO alarms even when your not at home. In a case where there is an active alarm in your home, the Remote Lync Monitor triggers a signal which in turn sends a signal to your smartphone letting you know that there is an active Alarm in your home. This will further allow you to take proper, correct and immediate action and if there is a need to, you can notify the Fire Department of a possible Fire in your home or you can send someone to investigate what the issue may be. Either way, you have much better control and understanding of all possible Hazards and issues in your home.
Additional Safety Features:
Remote Lync Monitor Offers you the Consumer a Simple and Smart Connectivity to your home allowing you to Remotely monitor your home with a simple WiFi-connected device that keeps an eye and continuously monitors your home for any signs of a Fire, or Carbon Monoxide that may have been detected by your Smoke Alarm or Carbon Monoxide Detectors.
With a Remote Lync Monitor you can rest assured that your home is safe and protected even when you are away from home, consider having one installed in your Home now or when it is time to replace your existing devices.
This Remote Lync Monitor simply plugs into an outlet and is connected to your WIFI, it listens and constantly monitors for a smoke or CO alarm. When triggered, it sends a message via a free app to you or anyone that is a designated contact for such Alarms and Notifications. It works with most existing Smoke Detectors, CO Detector and or any Combination of Smoke and CO Detectors. There are no extra products or hubs that you are required to purchase and no monthly fees, with simple added protection and peace of mind.
Whether you are looking for smoke alarm installation, CO detectors, monitoring or maintenance, we are here to provide professional services anywhere in the GTA.